ELECTROMAGNETIC ANALYSIS USING FINITE-DIFFERENCE TIME-DOMAIN
Lecture Notes (PDF)
Recorded Lectures on YouTube
Note: The notes above may differ from the recordings due to revisions made after they were recorded.
MATLAB Sessions for 1D FDTD
- Getting Started with MATLAB
- Stereo image of a 3D Yee cell. Adjust the image size until it is just under 10 cm wide.
- Understanding the Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method (E-Book)
- Download .zip file of MATLAB codes
- draw1d.p -- This function is used in one-dimensional FDTD to efficiently visualize the electric and magnetic field superimposed onto the materials across the entire grid.
- draw2d.p -- This function is used in two-dimensional FDTD to efficiently visualize the field superimposed onto the materials across the entire grid.
- polyfill.p -- This function creates arbitrary polygons on a 2D array given the list of vertices around the perimeter of the polygon.
- polyfill_demo.m -- This MATLAB program demonstrates the use of polyfill() to create an arbitrary polygon on a 2D grid.
- flagcmap.m -- This function creates colormaps for the country flags of the members of the EM Lab.
- test_hw8_prob1.p -- This function is used in Homework #8 to test the values assigned to the PML conductivity terms. See Homework #8 for details.
- test_hw8_prob2.p -- This function is used in Homework #8 to test the values calculated in the update coefficients. See Homework #8 for details.
Note: The above items are protected function files and have a ".p" extension. They work just like ".m" files, but they cannot be opened to view the code inside them.